The most labour intensive part of digitizing paper documents is the process of preparing and purging documents to be “scanner ready.” Some clients require only portions of their records to be retained and scanned, and don’t want to go through the time and trouble of purging documents that don’t need to be kept. Our employees have extensive record preparation – and purging training and experience – to complete this work quickly and effectively.
- Preparation and purging services include:
- Compiling an inventory of the records being digitized
- Removing specific documents from file folders and binders, and confidentially destroying, or returning these documents to the client, if desired
- Removing staples, paper clips and other fasteners
- Mounting documents that are too small to scan on their own
- Repairing any tears in documents
Purging ensures that duplicate and redundant documents do not occupy space – and degrade functionality – of the digital archive.